Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Bass and rotation in flux

By all accounts, Brandon Bass has had a breakout season. He’s already played more minutes, scored more points and grabbed more rebounds than during his two seasons with the Hornets combined.

But has the bruising big man hit a wall? Not so much a physical one. The expectations of being a contributor on a contending team, plus the increased attention from the opposition, could be wearing on Bass a bit.

He won’t admit it, of course.

“I don’t really know,” Bass said. “I’m just trying to take care of what I can take care of. That’s just getting better at what I need to improve on the court. I watch myself on film. I see the things I can improve to help this team. That’s what I’ve got to do.”

He registered his first DNP-Coach’s Decision in Saturday’s win over Atlanta. In the previous 11 games, his highest-scoring game was six points (twice). Before that he reached double figures in eight of nine games.

Read the rest of this note and more in tonight’s Mavs-Warriors notebook at mavs.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bass is a work in progress. He is young and is at the age where he would have been had he stayed in college all 4 years. He has alot more upside to go.