Tuesday, October 9, 2007

How 'bout them Cowboys

Like most of North Texas, Avery Johnson was glued to the set last night for Cowboys-Bills. (He probably flipped over to Dancing with the Stars during commercials.)

“That was a pretty exciting game and the funny thing is you just had a feeling they were going to win it all along,” Johnson said. “I guess Owens said the guy [Nick Folk] kicked a 106-yarder.”

Johnson is good friends with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and made a prediction when the two had dinner last week.

“I kinda told him he was going to be 5-0, so I guess I’m right,” Johnson admitted.

So is there a lesson to learn in the Cowboy’s wild 25-24 comeback win?

“You just never give up,” Johnson preached. “Like I tell my guys all the times during our championship games with the Spurs, people talking about me hitting the shot [to win the title], but I had six turnovers in the first half.

“And Tony Romo had a lot of turnovers, so you just hang in there. I like to see teams that are mentally tough. I was more impressed with their win last night than I was with the other four.”

No comments: