Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saying goodbye to Seattle

Sunday’s visit to Seattle will be emotional for Jason Terry. The Emerald City native can’t believe the Sonics are on the verge of leaving his hometown for Oklahoma City.

“I’m going to take something back with me,” he said. “Whether it’s part of the floor or a seat cushion or something from the locker room, I’ll get something to remember it.”

Terry grew up rooting for the Sonics and used get into the old Seattle Coliseum as a kid with the help of his mom. The Terry clan will be well represented at Key Arena.

Blazers coach Nate McMillan is forever linked to the Sonics. He spent his entire playing career in Seattle and began his coaching career there.

“It’s still hard to believe that it’s looking more and more like that team is leaving,” McMillan said. “That team is pretty much gone.”

As for his retired number, he joked: “I don’t know where my jersey is going to be. They may just take it down.”

No comments: