Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dirk’s advice for Romo

It was inevitable that some of the questions today, actually a lot of them, would center on the Cowboys’ playoff loss. A larger than usual media contingent visited practice today with Valley Ranch going dark.

“We were wondering why there were so many of you guys here,” Jerry Stackhouse cracked to the extra cameras and microphones in attendance.

Comparing the Cowboys loss to the Mavs’ first-round setback is an obvious angle. I do want to credit Steve Dennis of CBS 11, aka Radio Boy, for asking Dirk Nowitzki what advice he would have for Tony Romo. Nowitzki, as you remember, picked up the MVP the week after falling to Golden State.

“There’s not much advice to give,” Nowitzki said. “Everybody deals with stuff differently. People are different. I just had to get away as far as I could. It helped me get my mind off basketball some, so I’m sure he’s kind of feeling the same and going through some tough times.

“But at some point I realized you’ve got to get over it. At some point you’ve got to look forward. He’s still young, he’s got a great career ahead of him, so at some point you’ve can’t just always look at the negatives. You’ve got to look at the positives, at the great season that you had and get ready for the next one.”

No comments: