Friday, December 14, 2007

Devin Harris responds to Jameer Nelson

There should be a little extra something to Monday’s matchup of point guards. Orlando’s Jameer Nelson recently brought up Devin Harris as a reference point to his ongoing contract negotiations.

“I think I’m a better player, and I mean more to my team,” Nelson said according to published reports. “My numbers are better. Yeah, he’s bigger, but he’s not a legit 6-3. I’m a legit 6-1.”

Nelson was joking about his height, but not about his demands. There appears to be a divide in the neighborhood of $10 milion between Nelson and the Magic.

Harris is aware of Nelson’s comments. Harris decided to take the high road, but isn’t about to apologize for his contact.

“What they don’t understand is a team figures your worth,” Harris said. “It’s not me. They see what you’re worth and they’re going to present that to you. I’m sure a lot of people think they deserve more, but it comes down to reality.”

Asked if he’s aware of when the Magic come to town, Harris simply said: “Soon.”

No comments: