Saturday, December 8, 2007

Devean George pleased with debut

Devean George felt good about his first appearance of the season Thursday night. The veteran swingman returned to the lineup against Denver and played in short spurts totaling seven minutes.

“I was trying to be active, but at the same time knowing my timing was off and not really trying to do too much,” he said today. “Not try to force the issue and slowly get my way back in.”

He grabbed four rebounds, took one shot and committed three fouls in his debut. George estimates it’ll take somewhere around seven or eight games to get his rhythm and conditioning all the way back.

“I’m going to still take shots if they’re open,” he said. “I’m going to still take shots and be a threat while I’m out there, but at the same time I’m not going to be overly aggressive knowing that it’s going to take a few times up-and-down [the court], a few contact [situations], a few rebounds to feel comfortable.”

No comments: