Friday, November 9, 2007

Not quite payback

Brandon Bass spent the last two years with the Hornets, so he had no personal score to settle with Golden State. That didn’t matter. He played like he something to prove, and with 10 points and 12 rebounds, he made his point.

“I’d been thinking about that game for a long time,” Bass said. “When I saw it on the schedule, I was looking forward to this game. I know I was brought here to bring something different to this team. Last year we struggled with this team and I wanted to be the difference-maker if I could.”

The 22-year-old power forward dazzled throughout training camp and put up numbers during the preseason. Now he’s doing it in games that count, averaging 9.3 points and 6.3 boards in 24 minutes per game off the bench.

“It really feels good to contribute and be part of the team,” he said.

No comments: