Thursday, November 15, 2007

General's thoughts before Spurs tilt

Avery Johnson thoughts on different topics from shootaround this morning:

· Can’t repeat same formula from the Philly win: “I don’t know if we’re going to be able to play one half against the Spurs and be successful.”

· Spurs point guard Tony Parker: “He’s really dominating on the offensive end, getting in the paint, making his jumper.”

· Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse: “They come in and change the game in different ways … Both guys look like they’re really comfortable in their roles.”

· Matching wits with Gregg Popovich: “I don’t know about matching wits. I know all our plays work when the ball goes in the basket. I don’t think the game is about us. It’s about players.”

· On whether he was a positive leader with the Spurs: “Not all the time. That’s why I know the difference. Just ask Tim Duncan.”

No comments: