Friday, November 16, 2007

Building up Devin Harris

Devin Harris knows he’s pretty good. And he knows he can get even better. Just in case he ever has doubts, he’s got the General.

“That’s one of the things I talk to him about,” Avery Johnson said today after practice. “You’ve got to have that confidence when you walk in the building. I told him, if I was him, I would have been angry when they invited me to be a part of the junior team, like they made a mistake.

“That’s my personality. I should have been on the first team. And when you go in there playing hard, Hey, I should be on the senior team. I’m not satisfied being on the junior team. That’s the kind of confidence.”

Harris was part of the junior national team that practiced against Team USA in Las Vegas this summer. It’s hard to argue he was slighted by the selection committee, not that anyone is arguing that, but being left off the All-Star ballot has raised a few eyebrows in Mavsland.

Not that Harris is complaining about the snub.

“Same thing Josh [Howard] had to go through,” Harris said. “I got more important things to worry about, like directing this team, getting to the Finals. I mean if all that takes care of itself, then the rest will take care of itself. I’m more focused on that.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Devin Harris and I'm sure that his game will speak for itself and those who left him off the ballot with realize they made a mistake!

GO MAVS!