Monday, November 12, 2007

Eddie Jones ... relax

Eddie Jones is resisting the temptation to push himself too hard to get back. It wasn’t easy watching Saturday’s loss at Portland from the sidelines and he wants to get out there against the 76ers.

“We’re all about winning and all about being healthy,” he said. “When we’ve got our full allotment of players we’re pretty good team. I’m just trying to get healthy and able to help the team, that’s my main objective. I think every day I’m trying to get better.

“Like today, I wanted to try to push it, I wanted to see if I could deal with the pain throughout 45 minutes. I tried. I got to a point where one of the coaches actually told me, ‘Eddie, relax.’ He saw me limping a little bit.

“I’m going to try again tomorrow, and hopefully, I’m serious, I’m going to try to give it a go in the game. If I can stand the pain, competing, sometimes you sort of forget about it. That’s what I tried to do today is try to forget about it, forget about that pain. I’m going to try again tomorrow.”

No comments: