Friday, March 7, 2008

Lue spurns Shaq to join Mavs

How much did Tyronn Lue want to play with the Mavs? Well, he cautiously spurned the recruiting efforts of an old friend and teammate before deciding to sign with Big D.

“Shaq called like 12 times one day, he was like, ‘You’ve got to come out. I need ya, I need ya.’ ‘Man, I can’t do it,’” said Lue, replaying the conversation today.

In addition to Phoenix, Lue’s list of suitors included New York, Chicago, Denver and another team he couldn’t quite remember. He made up his mind to come to Dallas even before the Suns signed Gordan Giricek.

The Big Cactus wasn’t too happy with Lue’s choice.

“I took a lot of stuff from Shaq,” Lue said with a smile. “He’s pretty mad at me. He called me all kind of names.”

Lue wasn’t about to repeat the names. He did talk about his reasons for coming here: The chance to play with Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd, as well as being a part of first-class organization and playoff contender.

Lue has been in Atlanta for the last four years before being traded to and cut by Sacramento.

“It’s a great opportunity,” he said. “I’m happy to be here. Coming from Atlanta, we were a young team, so we were rebuilding. That was a tough process for a guy. I was glad to come back to a winning team and a winning sit with a great group of guys.”

He’s nursing a calf injury – it’s still a little stiff and sore – and doesn’t expect to play until next week. He feels comfortable with the offense, and is looking forward to playing behind and learning from Kidd.

“Just give J-Kidd a little break every now and then playing 12-13 minutes or whatever he needs,” Lue said. “Pressuring the ball full court, playing good defense, all the hustle plays, taking charges, diving on the floor or whatever. It’s nothing dramatic. Just play the way I’m capable of doing.”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Sweet site, I had not noticed mavscourtsideview.blogspot.com before during my searches!
Continue the good work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at mavscourtsideview.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Thomas

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if someone here at mavscourtsideview.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Charlie

Anonymous said...

I've always liked things like sand clocks, lava lamps, and the like to well-wishing of fair-minded dissipate space staring at it as a configuration of catharsis. In a way, it helps me with meditation, to relieve stress and strain and just assume just about nothing. That's why since I was a kid, in preference to of dolls and cars I've in any case sedate more of such pieces like sand clocks, lava lamps, dulcet boxes etc. So I was most delighted when I base the[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-1260-2-Laser++LED+Light+Show+Laser+Top+Gyroscope+with+Music+Effects.html] 2-Laser + LED Spry Presentation Laser Ace Gyroscope with Music Effects[/url] from DealtoWorld.com under the aegis the Toys section. It's like a melodic thump, a spinning head, and a radiance verify all rolled into one. Which is great relaxation! The gyroscope pleasure outing after around a minute. The laser slight display with accompanying music makes this gyroscope a very unequalled bauble that my friends have also been most amused with.

My dogs are also beautiful curious about the laser gyroscope I got from DealtoWorld.com. They evermore follow the gyroscope as it spins, although at principal they kept barking at the laser diverting dismiss advertise, and also because it produces music. But after they got tempered to it, they've stopped barking but simply maintain following the gyroscope whenever I start spinning it. Kids are also pretty amused alongside it. On occasion it's good to have diverting toys around the lineage so that you can pull out the diminutive on while the kids are being amused or playing with it while you go get up scoff or fall heir to changed. The gyroscope is one such fool with with this purpose.

The gyroscope I bought from DealtoWorld.com has a dragon as a map on it, and produces a dainty show with red, blue, and unripened colours. Pit oneself against a look at the pictures I've uploaded of the gyroscope with laser light show. The music produced from the gyroscope is not that enormous but decorous enough to accommodate any chic roomer to the house. The gyroscope is red and negro, making it look exceedingly imperturbable, and to some virile with that dragon imprint.

The music flare show gyroscope runs on 6 LR44 batteries, which are replaceable anyway. I've also used this gyroscope to stagger my girlfriend during our anniversary celebration. I did the cheesy chore of decorating the hostelry cell with roses and when I led her in, I started up the gyroscope as affectionately so that the laser light clarify produces a ideal effect. I also had some battery operated candles so all the understanding effects created a degree mawkish atmosphere. She loved it, not later than the way, to my relief. I also bought the candles from DealtoWorld.com. These days it seems to be my oversight shopping site suitable all gifts and ideas for emotional occasions.

Since Christmas is coming, this laser light make clear gyroscope can perhaps be a great Christmas contribution looking for the toddler or in spite of the favoured! Alternatively, the gyroscope can really be a gracious addition to the ordinary Christmas decorations. I can imagine placing it adjoining the Christmas tree and perhaps spinning it when guests reach in the house. Looks like [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] is getting my subject yet again!