Sunday, November 25, 2007

Injury updates on Jones, George and Damp

All of the Mavs went through practice today, including Eddie Jones and Devean George. Jones (sore right leg) has been out since Nov. 13 and George (left foot stress reaction) has yet to play.

“Felt good for what we did,” George said. “I ran up and down the court. It was like training camp.”

Jones, who hopes to drop around five pounds to about 208, doesn’t have a timetable for his return. He wants to make sure he’s 100 percent healthy when he does get back, a strategy fully endorsed by Avery Johnson.

“When I’m ready to go, I’ll be out there,” Jones said. “I want to play probably more than anybody out here. [Johnson] knows what I can bring. He saw what I can do at 202 pounds.”

Erick Dampier said his surgically-repaired right shoulder is sore, but not to the point he can’t play. He’s logged less than 14 minutes in the last two games.

“As I continue to get stronger, those aches and pains will go away,” he said.

No comments: