Friday, October 26, 2007

Jet's delayed takeoff

We told you a few days ago that Jason Terry was coming off the bench this season. That’s not breaking news. Anyone who’s watched a minute of preseason play could have told you that.

But since it’s official now, let’s get Terry’s thoughts.

“There it is,” he said today after practice. “That’s where I’m playing. Little delayed takeoff, but the Jet is still on the runway.”

He plans to use his time on the sideline to see how the game develops and get a feel for, in his words, the “flow” before he checks in. Though he’s primarily been a starter throughout his pro career, he’s no stranger to coming off the bench.

“Takes me back to my college days,” the Arizona product beamed, “when I was the best sixth man in the country.”

Just because he doesn’t start doesn’t mean he won’t finish.

“If I’m still coming off the bench in the fourth quarter, then I’ll have a problem,” he said with a smile.

Don’t count on that.

No comments: