Thursday, October 4, 2007

Ager trying to find his way

The development of Maurice Ager likely won’t garner many headlines throughout Mavericks training camp. There’s enough going on even through the first few days to keep people’s interest off the second-year shooting guard from Michigan State.

That doesn’t mean Ager is flying under coach Avery Johnson’s radar. Not much does. Johnson’s assessment of what he’s seen from Agar so far is direct and candid.

“Flashes,” Johnson said. “Flashes here and there. Inconsistency, but loads of potential.”

Realizing that potential is the next step for the 28th pick in last year’s draft.

“That’s definitely a process,” Ager said. “Every single day in practice I’m trying to work on my consistency so I can help this team. I feel I’ve gotten a lot better since last year in understanding my role for this team, and understanding what’s going to help me get on the floor and continue to play here. Defensively I definitely want to get better and take good shots.”

If you want to read more, check out trainingg camp notebook for Day 3 at mavs.com.

No comments: