Thursday, April 17, 2008

Stack feels good about return

Jerry Stackhouse returned after a long absence with a groin injury last night with 16 minutes in a starting role. The veteran swingman will be needed in the playoffs.

“I feel good,” he said. “Obviously, I didn’t get long minutes last night. I think that was the best thing after coming back after nine games, and I didn’t have any [adverse] effects after last night’s game or today. That’s definitely a positive in my mind.”

Avery Johnson added that he has figured out his rotation going into the playoffs. Of course, he didn’t let on as to what it might be. “We have a conclusion,” he said slyly.

The only real question is whether Stackhouse will continue to start with Jason Kidd in the backcourt. Jason Terry, coming off last night’s 30-point performance, had started while Stackhouse was out.

No comments: