Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mavs need Jet to take flight

Jason Terry averaged a team-high 22 points against New Orleans during the regular season, including a 30 in Wednesday’s finale. He scored just eight in Game 1.

Getting Terry more involved is another subplot to Game 2. And if you ask Josh Howard, Terry is the storyline.

“He’s the key to the whole series, as far as what he’s done to New Orleans in the regular season,” Howard said. “If we get him more shots and good looks, I think it’ll be better for us.”

Terry said the key for him and the Mavs is the running game. Getting out in transition means more easy baskets and less reliance on halfcourt sets.

Terry also isn’t putting any extra pressure on himself.

“No pressure at all,” he said. “My job is clear as day – come out and be aggressive, put points on the board and defensively help control Chris Paul.”

The Hornets did a good job of limiting Terry’s scoring chances.

“You still have to maintain your aggressiveness,” he said. “You can’t say, ‘Oh, they’re going to take me out of this series.’ I’m not that player anyway. I’m the type of guy that has to be involved and I will look to be involved tonight.”

No comments: