Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Josh Howard after practice

Josh Howard on the trade:
“I’m going to miss Devin. He’s one of my best teammates, as well as Gana and Moe. It’s sad to see them go, but it’s a business. We picked up a helluva player in Jason. It’s exciting. I’m looking forward to getting out on the court with him tomorrow.”

“It’s a different vibe than we’re used to. We picked up three new guys that bring a lot of energy and a lot of experience, and we’re going to need that going into the playoffs.”

On his back (he expects to play tomorrow at New Orleans):
“It’s better. It’s still sore.”

On Kidd getting comfortable:
“It’s going to take time and practice, but hopefully we can pick it up quick.”

On the inconsistency this season:
“The NBA has gotten better. Easy wins that we were used to getting didn’t come so easy no more. Players have gotten better, teams have gotten better, so I think that was the difference.”

On getting easy baskets on the break with Kidd:
“It’s something I did in college. Hopefully I still got it.”

On possibly giving up No. 5:
“I didn’t get a phone call.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot, Art. I knew Josh was close with Devin, so it's good to know he's looking forward to having Kidd.

Congratulations on the (on the way?) baby! I was wondering about the lack of posts lately.