Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Witch Doctors: Followill joins Villalba

If you’re missing the deep golden tones of Mark Followill, flip on our Spanish radio broadcast (KFLC 1270 AM) for your fix. Yes, Spanish. Mark is sitting in the analyst chair alongside our equally talented Spanish play-by-play voice Victor Villalba.

“I had nothing else to do today,” Mark said, seated here beside me.

Since ABC is handling the broadcast duties, our TV team of Mark, Bob Ortegel and Laura Green is off the clock. Hollywood, I mean Mark, needs a mic like Rasheed Wallace needs technicals.

As gifted as Mark is, he’s not doing the game in Spanish. Victor is translating Mark’s insightful analysis. Mark does have quite an arsenal of phrases en espanol.

As he told me last night while all of us listened to local oldies cover band The Witch Doctors, “Mi corazon esta café.” (My heart is brown.)

No comments: